Unique Vegetarian/Vegan Sailing School
Sail Boat Project is a Workers’ Co-operative (registered as a Community Interest Company) established in 2009, providing a range of learning activities based around sailing. We aim to widen access to the sea, offering sail training to individuals and community groups. We are also involved in sail transport of cargo.
Why choose Sail Boat Project?
* Environmentally-friendly silicone-based hull paint. No toxic biocide on our boats!
* No extra charge for sailing waterproofs and boots on courses & trips.
* Good food! All meals and snacks included – vegetarian and vegan food by default as part of our commitment to lowering our company’s carbon footprint
* Onboard libraries of learning resources
* Your bookings support our Community Sailing Fund and Blue Spirit Sailing Bursaries for young people
* All sailings from picturesque Itchenor in Chichester harbour AONB
* Special offers and discounts for regular customers (see sign up below)
Don’t just take our word for it, here’s what some of our customers say
“There’s no way I would have gone to a regular sailing school as I would have felt out of place. I was really attracted to Sail Boat Project because it is a co-op and seemed more down to earth. I’m just really glad that Sail Boat Project exists.”
“I am disabled and complex and I felt very well looked after, included and able to achieve what I am able to by the whole group, was such a nice boat to be on. Not all organisations can do that so well done. Thank you.”
“I couldn’t recommend Sail Boat Project more highly and what you do, the people genuinely have a love for the water and it shows.”
“Prior to my course I had virtually no knowledge of sailing, I’m very surprised how much I managed to pick up in just two days. Which I can only account to the Skippers fantastic teaching skills.”
“Part of the reason why I chose Sail Boat Project was due it’s social awareness and work it does with disadvantaged communities which I feel is probably quite unique for a yachting company.”
Reg’d as a Community Interest Company No. 6821730